We know that renting a car in a foreign country can be a bit frustrating. Prices change, you might not find the car you want or it just seems so expensive, all you want to do is to rent a car so you can explore on your own.
To help you out, our partner, Adobe Rent a Car is offering Mytanfeet readers an exclusive Costa Rica car rental discount. **Save UP TO 20% on your car rental!**
Watch our video to learn more about this Costa Rica car rental discount (new video coming soon!)
Please fill out the form below to receive your Costa Rica car rental discount
If you have any questions or issues, please contact us. The discount is for the car rental rate and automatically applied when you reserve through the widget below. No Adobe promo code necessary. Discount is UP TO 20%. Prices are quoted in USD.
IMPORTANT ***If you cannot find the car you want for the Christmas and New Year holiday 2018, please email us at email@example.com with your rental information (dates, pickup/drop off location and type of car). We have an exclusive set amount of SUV’s set aside for Mytanfeet readers.***
We have more exclusive benefits for you!
Since you, our reader, are our number one priority, we also secured some extra exclusive Mytanfeet benefits. Please read the IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FIRST section below for details.
- Two FREE drivers (normally $4 per day per driver)
- 0% deductible from the Liability Protection Insurance (up to $20,000 – normally 20%)
- Road assistance on ALL rentals (normally only included in Extended Total Protection insurance)
- Cell phone rental at no extra cost with 1 hour of credit for local calls and texts
- Free baby seat and booster seats, as many as needed
- 33% off a day on GPS rental (originally $9, now $6)
- Included shuttle pick up & drop off to the airport from their office or vice versa
- Complimentary car delivery and pick up to and from nearby hotels
- Free roof racks for surfboards **
- Free cooler if available (small or medium size)
- $1000 deposit instead of the $1500 deposit (rentals with Liability and Car rental Insurance)
- $500 deposit for all rentals that include extended total protection insurance
- If you rent a portable WIFI for more than 10 days, the service will be for FREE after the 10th day (you pay only for the first 10 days)
Every reader will also receive personal attention and customer service from the Mytanfeet team. We guarantee to answer your questions and comments within 24 hours of the reservation.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FIRST!
- Discount is for the car rental rate only, not insurance.
- The discount is already applied in the widget above. No Adobe Rent a Car promo code needed. You can compare prices by checking the Adobe website.
- Surf racks are always available for: Hyunda Tucson, Santa Fe, Creta, Korando, Misubishi AXS, Bego, Montero Sport and L200. For all the rest of the models please email us in order to check availability.
- The free drivers, road assistance and 0% deductible are automatically added to every Mytanfeet reservation. You do not need to request them.
- If you’d like the cell phone, cooler or the roof racks, please include that in the reservation comment section.
- If you’re renting the Wi-Fi for more than 10 days, the rate will show up as normal. Adobe has to manually adjust the rate so please write a note in the comment section.
- To make the reservation, you need to click “Reserve.” If you click “Save Quotation,” this is just a quote, not a reservation. You need to confirm your quote by emailing Adobe or us.
- If you would like your car delivered or picked up at your hotel, please include your hotel name and time you would like for pick up/delivery. This service is from 830 AM – 430 PM.
- If you need to make a reservation in less than 24 hours of the pick up time, the widget will not let you. In this case, the best way is to call Adobe directly to make a reservation and tell them you are a Mytanfeet reader to get the discount. Their toll free number is 1 855 861 1250 and the reservation department is open until 6 pm.
- Rates are determined by Adobe and the Costa Rica car rental discount is UP TO 20% off on the car rental rate. There are some dates where the full 20% discount may not apply. The discount may be less during Christmas, Easter, New Years and low season months (Sept/Oct).
Need more information? Click on the sections below
Watch Yeison show you how to get your Costa Rica car rental discount
Costa Rica car rental discount FAQ
Why should we book through you? You’re a blog!
Yes we are a blog. But we’re also travelers just like you. Read our About Us page to get to know us and you’ll see that we’ve been in your exact shoes before – in fact we are now! As savvy travelers like yourself, we’re always scoping out the best deals for every one of our trips and through our blog, we have the opportunity to give back to our readers who have supported us so much.
We’re not a travel agency or tour company so we’re not convincing you to book with us just so we can get commissions like a travel agent would. From day one our goal for Mytanfeet has always been to provide the best tips and the most helpful advice to our readers and this Costa Rica car rental discount is one way for us to do that and to say thank you.
Trust us, we know exactly what it’s like to plan a trip in Costa Rica. Yeison used to work in tourism and I’ve planned all the trips for my friends and family. We know it’s not easy to do! We want to help make your trip planning easier and for everyone to have an amazing time in Costa Rica!
I don’t know if I need to or should rent a car. Do you have any tips?
Yep! We have a bunch! In fact we had so many we wrote a whole article on it. You’ll read about why you should (or shouldn’t) rent a car, what kind of car to rent and our personal experiences with renting a car. When it comes down to it, if you want to go where you want and when you want, it’s best to rent a car. There are so many hidden gems in Costa Rica that you can’t get to without one!
I heard the roads in Costa Rica are bad. Do I need a 4×4?
You heard correctly! But it depends on your route because it’s not horrible everywhere. The main roads, highways and the city roads are paved but there are many places where it is not. Read our Costa Rica road conditions post to see what the roads are like for popular destinations and routes to see if you need a 4×4.
I’m worried about driving. Do you have any tips and do I need a GPS to get around?
We sure do! We wrote an in-depth Costa Rica driving tips article about rural and city road conditions, road signs and more. Yeison wrote an updated driving guide for an authentic insight into how Costa Ricans drive and how to stay safe on the road.
As for a GPS, if you are going to the major touristic destinations like Arenal/La Fortuna, Monteverde, Guanacaste, Puerto Viejo and don’t plan on exploring, a GPS is not absolutely necessary. There is fairly good signage for those destinations. However, if you’re planning on going to less touristic areas or driving in San Jose, then a GPS is highly recommended. But if you have international data or a pre-paid sim card, Waze is the best GPS app for Costa Rica.
What is the mandatory insurance?
Costa Rica has a mandatory insurance for all car rentals which is called the Liability Protection on the rental form. It has coverage up to $20,000 in 3rd party damages with a 20% deductible (Mytanfeet readers get 0% deductible) along with coverage of 3rd parties not in the car (i.e pedestrian) up to $100,000 with 0 deductible.
They have a 2nd insurance called Car Protection which is for damages of the rented car in an accident, collision or roll over. In case of total or partial theft of the rented car, the Car Protection also covers any financial losses due to the theft. This can be declined with a letter from your credit card company presented upon arrival.
The full insurance (Extended Protection) covers $5,000,000 third parties damage, and it has $0 deductible in collision, roll over, and theft.
Read exactly how Adobe Rent a car insurance works in this post.
Can I decline the insurance?
With Adobe, you can decline their Car Protection insurance, just make sure to untick the box when making the reservation. You will need to bring a printed letter from your credit card company stating they will cover the damages. This letter needs to have the credit card company name and the last four digits of your credit card number.
What is included in the countrywide road assistance?
All Mytanfeet reservations regardless of which insurance you purchase will have countrywide road assistance included. This road assistance is normally only included in the Extended Total Protection insurance. It includes assistance in situations such as battery replacements (if you leave lights on), if you lock keys inside the car and towing as well as 24/7 365 days access to their emergency line.
Flat tires are NOT included in roadside assistance but Adobe provides all the tools to change a tire.
Does Adobe have any extra or “hidden” fees that’s not on my reservation?
Nope! This is one of the main reasons we partnered with Adobe – what you see on your reservation or quote is exactly what you pay. NO hidden fees, no last minute extra things you have to pay.
Adobe does require a deposit which will be on hold for the length of the reservation and released when the reservation is over. Please make sure your credit card limit is sufficient. *We are not responsible for this, this is Adobe’s condition.*
Does Adobe have a shuttle to and from the airport?
Yes! Adobe has a FREE shuttle that will be waiting for you at SJO and LIR Airport to take you to their office. There you will complete paperwork and pick up the car. Just look for the Adobe agent outside the airport wearing a blue shirt, holding a sign with your name on it.
Then for drop off, you can drop off the car at their office and they will have a free shuttle to take you to the airport. Please make sure to arrive at the Adobe office in plenty of time so you get to the airport 2 hours before your flight.
For early morning flights, the SJO and LIR office starts receiving cars at 4:45 AM.
Can Adobe deliver/pick up the car at my hotel?
Mytanfeet readers get free delivery and pick up to hotels near their office. Please write in the comments your hotel name and pick up/delivery time. The latest they can pick up a car at a hotel is 430 PM and the earliest they can deliver is 830 AM.
How do I know my rental is confirmed?
You will receive a confirmation email after you book your car. If you don’t receive the email in 24 hours, you can email us and we’ll make sure you receive it.
Do I need to email my credit card to guarantee my reservation?
Adobe Rent a Car does need your credit card details to confirm your reservation. You can email it once you’ve made a reservation or call 1-855-861-1250 Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 6pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 12pm) to give your information. They will also contact you a few days after you make the reservation to get your details.
Your credit card will NOT be charged until you pick up the car and sign the paperwork. They just need the cc info to back up the reservation.
Can I use a debit card?
Yes but there are some conditions to using a debit card such as your deposit will take longer to return (up to 45 days) since it is classified as a real charge. We don’t recommend using a debit card due to this reason but if you want to use one, you may. The Adobe agent will explain to you all the conditions to using a debit card.
How do I know I’m *really* getting a discount?
Hey I totally get it! I’d want to check too if it was me. You can go to the Adobe Rent a Car Costa Rica website and compare the prices. Remember, some prices may not reflect the discount during blackout dates and the Costa Rica car rental discount is UP TO 20% which is not determined by us. But I assure you that the deal is real!
What if I need to change, cancel or request something specific for my reservation?
In the confirmation email, you’ll be able to modify your reservation (link is near the bottom). Cancellation policies are also on the bottom.
When you reserve a car through the widget above, there will be a section for you to add comments. If your request doesn’t get addressed within 48 hours, please contact us (include name and reservation number) and we’ll patch you through to our Adobe partners straight away. We want all our readers to have an excellent experience!
How can I thank you?
No need to thank us. This discount was made with our readers in mind and we’re just happy to know that we helped. And also very excited for them to go and explore Costa Rica 🙂 The only thing we ask is that you share our blog with your friends or anyone you think would find it useful.
* Subject upon availability.
*Rates and blackout dates are set by Adobe.
*We receive a small commission for every booking, thank you for helping us keep Mytanfeet running!