We know that renting a car in a foreign country can be a bit frustrating. Prices change, you might not find the car you want or it just seems so expensive, all you want to do is to rent a car so you can explore on your own.
To help you out, our partner, Adobe Rent a Car is offering Mytanfeet readers an exclusive Costa Rica car rental discount. **Save UP TO 20% on your car rental!**
Watch our video to learn more about this Costa Rica car rental discount (new video coming soon!). Also please read our COSTA RICA CORONAVIRUS post for latest travel information.
Please fill out the form below to receive your Costa Rica car rental discount
>> If you don’t see the car you want, please email us at web @ mytanfeet.com. We have an allotted amount of cars available exclusively for our readers. Please include your rental dates, type of car and location <<
For questions or issues, please contact us and make sure to read our IMPORTANT section first! The discount is for the car rental rate and automatically applied when you reserve through the widget. No Adobe promo code. Discount is UP TO 20%. Prices quoted in USD.
We have more exclusive benefits for you!
Since you, our reader, are our number one priority, we secured some extra exclusive Mytanfeet benefits. Please read the IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FIRST section below for details.
- Two FREE drivers (normally $4 per day per driver)
- 0% deductible from the Liability Protection Insurance (up to $20,000 – normally 20%)
- Road assistance on all rentals (normally only included in Extended Total Protection insurance)
- Local cell phone rental at no extra cost with 1 hour of credit for local calls and texts (not smartphone). Adobe will discontinue the cell phone in 2021 so this promo is only applicable until end of 2020.
- Free baby seat and booster seats, as many as needed
- 33% off a day on GPS rental (originally $9, now $6)
- Included shuttle pick up & drop off to the airport from their office or vice versa
- Complimentary car delivery and pick up to and from nearby hotels
- 1 hour leniency for car return
- Free surf racks
- Free cooler if available (small or medium size)
- $750 deposit instead of the $1000 deposit (rentals with Liability and Car rental Insurance)
- $500 deposit for all rentals that include Liability, extended protection insurance and car protection insurance.
- If you rent a portable WIFI for more than 10 days, the service will be for FREE after the 10th day (you pay only for the first 10 days)
Every reader will also receive personal attention and customer service from the Mytanfeet team. We guarantee to answer your questions and comments within 24 hours of the initial reservation.
IMPORTANT PLEASE READ FIRST ABOUT OUR COSTA RICA CAR RENTAL DISCOUNT!
- Costa Rica car rental discount is for the car rental rate only, not insurance.
- Rates are determined by Adobe. There are some dates where the discount may vary depending on the time of year (high season, holidays, etc.). These dates and rates are set by Adobe.
- For the cell phone, cooler, baby/booster seats or roof racks, request it by leaving a note in the comment section.
- If you’re renting the Wi-Fi for more than 10 days, the rate shows up as normal. Adobe manually adjusts the rate after the reservation confirmation, please leave a note in the comment section.
- To see the Mytanfeet price, it will say “Welcome Mytanfeet” in the top right corner of the Adobe website. If you see “Welcome Guest” you are on the Adobe direct page.
- The discount is automatically applied in the widget. No Adobe Rent a Car promo code needed. You can compare prices by checking the Adobe website.
- Surf racks are always available for the Hyunda Tucson, Santa Fe, Creta, Korando, Misubishi AXS, Bego, Montero Sport and L200.
- The free drivers, road assistance and 0% deductible are automatically added to every Mytanfeet reservation. No request necessary.
- To make the reservation, click “Reserve.” If you click “Save Quotation,” this is just a quote, not reservation. You need to confirm your quote by emailing Adobe or us. They will only hold the quote for 10 days after you make it.
- To have your car delivered or picked up at your hotel, please include your hotel and time you would like. This service is from 830 AM – 430 PM.
- If you need to make a reservation in less than 24 hours of the pick up time, the widget will not let you. You need to call Adobe directly to make a reservation and tell them you are a Mytanfeet reader to get the discount. Their toll free number is 1 855 861 1250 or local number is 2542 4800. The reservation department is open until 6 pm Mon-Fri, until 12 PM on Saturday and Sunday (local time).
Need more information? Click on the sections below
Watch Yeison show you how to get your Costa Rica car rental discount
Costa Rica car rental discount FAQ
Why should we book our Costa Rica rental car rental through Mytanfeet? You’re a blog!
Yes, Mytanfeet is a blog. But we’re also travelers just like you. Read our About Us page to get to know us and you’ll see that we’ve been in your exact shoes before – in fact we are now! As savvy travelers like yourself, we’re always scoping out the best deals and discounts for traveling in Costa Rica and through our blog, we have the opportunity to give back to our awesome readers.
Trust us, we’re not convincing you to book with us just so we can get commissions, we’re happy to give our honest opinions and recommendations as travel bloggers. From day 1, our goal for Mytanfeet has always been to provide the best tips and the most helpful advice and this Costa Rica car rental discount is one way for us to do that.
When it comes to experience, we have it. Yeison is a Costa Rican who has worked in the tourism industry for over 15 years. I, as an American who has lived in Costa Rica for over 7 years have planned multiple trips for friends and family and rented cars myself many times. We know planning a vacation is not easy to do, let alone renting a car in a foreign country! We want to help make your trip planning easier and for everyone to have an amazing time in Costa Rica!
I don’t know if I need to or should rent a car. Do you have any tips?
Yep! We have a bunch! In fact we have so many renting a car in Costa Rica tips that we wrote a whole article on it. You’ll read about why you should (or shouldn’t) rent a car, what kind of car to rent and our personal experiences with renting a car. When it comes down to it, if you want to go where you want and when you want, it’s best to rent a car. There are so many hidden gems in Costa Rica that you can’t get to without one!
What is the mandatory insurance?
Costa Rica has a mandatory insurance for all car rentals which is called the Liability Protection on the rental form. It has coverage up to $20,000 USD in 3rd party damages with a 20% deductible (Mytanfeet readers get 0% deductible) along with coverage of 3rd parties not in the car (i.e pedestrian) up to $100,000 USD with 0 deductible.
In addition Adobe Rent a Car has a 2nd insurance called Car Protection which is for damages of the rented car in an accident, collision or roll over. In case of total or partial theft of the rented car, the Car Protection also covers any financial losses due to the theft. This can be declined with a letter from your credit card company stating they will cover these damages.
The full insurance (Extended Protection) covers $5,000,000 USD third parties damage, and it has $0 deductible in collision, roll over, and theft.
Read exactly how Adobe Rent a car insurance works in this post.
Can I decline car rental insurance in Costa Rica?
Yes, you can with Adobe Rent a Car. You can decline their Car Protection insurance. To do that, untick the Car Protection box when making the reservation. You will need to bring a printed letter from your credit card company stating they will cover the damages. This letter needs to have the credit card company name and the last four digits of your credit card number.
Please make sure to carefully read over exactly what your credit card company will cover, including but not limited to number of passengers, length of car rental period and type of car.
What is included in the countrywide road assistance?
All Mytanfeet reservations regardless of which insurance you purchase will have countrywide road assistance included. This road assistance is normally only included in the Extended Total Protection insurance. It includes assistance in situations such as battery replacements (if you leave lights on), if you lock keys inside the car and towing as well as 24/7 365 days access to their emergency line.
Flat tires are NOT included in roadside assistance but Adobe provides all the tools to change a tire.
Does Adobe have any extra or “hidden” fees that’s not on my reservation?
Nope! This is one of the main reasons we partnered with Adobe – what you see on your reservation or quote is exactly what you pay. NO hidden fees, no last minute extra things you have to pay. Adobe Rent a Car is an all-inclusive car rental in Costa Rica with all prices included.
How much is the security deposit for my car rental reservation?
Adobe does require a deposit which will be on hold for the length of the reservation and released when the reservation is over.
Mytanfeet readers all get a $750 USD deposit. If you purchase all three insurances, your deposit will be $500 USD.
Please make sure your credit card limit is sufficient. *We are not responsible for this, this is Adobe’s condition.*
Does Adobe have a shuttle to and from the airport?
Yes! Adobe has a FREE shuttle that will be waiting for you at San Jose and Liberia Airport to take you to their office. There you will complete paperwork and pick up the car. Just look for the Adobe agent outside the airport wearing a blue shirt, holding a sign with their logo on it.
Then for drop off, you will drop off the car at their office and they will have a free shuttle to take you to the airport. Please make sure to arrive at the Adobe office in plenty of time so you get to the airport 2 hours before your flight.
For early morning flights, both airport offices start receiving cars at 4:45 AM.
Can Adobe deliver/pick up the car at my hotel?
Mytanfeet readers get free delivery and pick up to hotels near their office. Please write in the comments your hotel name and pick up/delivery time. The latest they can pick up a car at a hotel is 430 PM and the earliest they can deliver is 830 AM.
How do I know my rental is confirmed?
You will receive a confirmation email after you book your car. If you don’t receive the email in 24 hours, you can email us and we’ll make sure you receive it.
When does Adobe take payment for my car rental?
Your credit card will NOT be charged until you pick up the car and sign the paperwork. However, Adobe Rent a Car does need your credit card details to confirm your reservation. You can enter it online once you’ve made a reservation or call 1-855-861-1250 Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 6pm and Saturday and Sunday from 8am to 12pm) to give your information. They will also contact you a few days before your booking date to get this information.
This information backs up the reservation.
Can I use a debit card to pay for my reservation and use as the security deposit?
Yes but there are some conditions to using a debit card such as your deposit will take longer to return (up to 45 days) since it is classified as a real charge. We don’t recommend using a debit card due to this reason but if you want to use one, you may. The Adobe agent will explain to you all the conditions to using a debit card and you will need to sign the agreement acknowledging the conditions of using a debit card.
How do I know I’m *really* getting a car rental discount?
Hey I totally get it! I’d want to check too if it was me. You can go to the Adobe Rent a Car Costa Rica website and compare the prices. Remember, some prices may not reflect the discount during blackout dates and the Costa Rica car rental discount is UP TO 20% which is not determined by us. But I assure you that the deal is real and you get all our extra benefits.
Make sure the top right corner says “Welcome Guest” to see Adobe direct prices. To see Mytanfeet prices, it will say “Welcome Mytanfeet” on the Adobe website when you are making a quote/reservation.
What if I need to change, cancel or request something specific for my reservation?
In the confirmation email, you can modify your reservation (link is near the bottom). Cancellation policies are also on the bottom. The Adobe Rent a Car cancellation policy is if cancelled in more than 72 hours, there is no penalty fee. If you cancel in less than 72 hours before arrival or don’t pick up the car (this is called a “no show”), the penalty is the equivalent to one day of rent.
For requests, when you reserve a car through the widget above, add any requests in the comment section. If your request doesn’t get addressed within 48 hours, please contact us (include name and reservation number) and we’ll patch you through to our Adobe partners straight away. We want all our readers to have an excellent experience!
I heard the roads in Costa Rica are bad. Do I need a 4×4 in Costa Rica?
You heard correctly! But it depends on your route because it’s not horrible everywhere. The main roads, highways and the city roads are paved but there are many places where it is not. Read our Costa Rica road conditions post to see what the roads are like for popular destinations and routes to see if you need a 4×4.
I’m worried about driving. Do you have any tips and do I need a GPS in Costa Rica?
We sure do! Our blog has an in-depth driving in Costa Rica guide for an authentic insight into how Costa Ricans drive and how to stay safe on the road.
We normally recommend a GPS, whether you rent a GPS device or use your phone with Google Maps or Waze.
How can I thank you?
No need to thank us. We’re just happy to know that we helped. And also very excited for them to go and explore Costa Rica 🙂 The only thing we ask is that you share our blog with your friends or anyone you think would find it useful.
* Subject upon availability.
*Rates and blackout dates set by Adobe.
*We receive a small commission for every booking, thank you for helping us keep Mytanfeet running!