Welcome to Mytanfeet!
Thanks for checking out our blog and we’re happy you want to know more about us!
Who are we?
We are Yeison and Samantha, a couple living on the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. Yeison is Costa Rican, born and raised. Samantha moved to Costa Rica in 2012 from Washington state in USA and ever since then, we have been traveling around Costa Rica and sharing our stories, tips and experiences on our Mytanfeet blog. It’s a lot of fun and we’re very lucky to have been doing this for many years!
About Mytanfeet: Costa Rica travel blog
Mytanfeet is a travel blog and resource where you will find all sorts of information on traveling in Costa Rica. We also share stories of our life in Costa Rica.
How the blog started
When Samantha first moved to Costa Rica, she started the blog as a way to document her new life abroad but it grew into much more than just a journal. Costa Rica as a tourist destination was becoming hugely popular so the blog became more and more popular.
We love Costa Rica and our goal is to help everyone fall in love with it like we did, especially Yeison as he is a Costa Rican. He wants everyone to have a wonderful time in his country and discover pura vida!
We wanted to share our stories and tips from not just a foreigner, but also a local point of view which we think sets us apart from other blogs and websites especially since most of the resources you find online are written from a foreigner perspective. Yeison loves sharing his insider local knowledge so people can experience Costa Rica a little bit like a local.
Ever since the blog started, we haven’t stopped blogging or traveling. We love traveling, we love Costa Rica and we love blogging so we want to share that love with all our readers and inspire them to take a life-changing trip to Costa Rica one day.
What you can find on the blog
If you’re looking for a blog that’s chock full of information but not written like a dry guide book, this is the site for you. On the blog, you’ll find all of our personal stories and experiences traveling around Costa Rica. We hope you enjoy reading them as much as we enjoy writing them!
- Guides. We do write a ton of guides and you will find all our personal recommendations in them. We write guides for towns, beaches, cities, national parks and more such as this La Fortuna, Costa Rica or Jaco, Costa Rica guide.
- Costa Rica destinations map: We put together a map with all our guides and articles.
- Costa Rica travel tips. Everything from what to pack, traveling safely, traveling on a budget, renting a car and more.
- Adventure. Costa Rica is one of the top adventure destinations in the world and as adventure junkies, you can read all about our favorite adventures in Costa Rica like white water rafting, canyoning, ziplining, horseback riding and more.
- Living in Costa Rica. Though we don’t publish as many posts about living in Costa Rica, we still do have a good chunk in there. You can read about Samantha’s first impressions on living in Costa Rica, things she had to get used to and what it’s like to be in a relationship with a Costa Rican.
- Itineraries. We plan a lot of trips for our families and friends and this is what Yeison did for many years when he used to work for a tour company.
- Discounts. You can find all our discounts for tours, hotels, transportation and more on the blog. We want to help you not just have a great time in Costa Rica, but save some money doing so!
Our main goal for the blog is to help visitors experience Costa Rica like a local and help everyone have a fun, safe and worry free time in Costa Rica and we write every single one of our posts with that in mind.
What sets up apart from other Costa Rica blogs
There are a lot of sites and blogs out there about Costa Rica and some of them have good information, some don’t. But something most don’t have is the local perspective since they are all mostly written by foreigners. Nothing wrong with that but since Costa Rica is such a touristic country, it can be hard to find that local flavor. We also write articles beyond the tourist destinations. Since we live here, we love seeking out the lesser known places and sharing that with those who enjoy off the beaten path adventures.
So we decided to focus heavily on bringing that Costa Rican flavor to our blog because Yeison is 100% Costa Rican. And as a Costa Rican, he wants to make sure every visitor leaves with amazing memories and experiences of his country. You will find a lot of local tips and perspectives on our site that you won’t find on other blogs.
Also, Mytanfeet LLC is a registered 100% Costa Rican travel consulting company based in Guanacaste.
Join Our Mytanfeet Family!
For advertisers or businesses, you can check our Work with us page to learn more.
We also rescued two dogs and you can read about our first dog, Patacon here!