If you are planning a trip to Costa Rica for the very first time, first, congrats! Second, you are in the right place to start your travel planning!
In this post, you will find ALL our Costa Rica travel tips and articles that we’ve written specifically for first time visitors in mind. Here are all sorts of tips, advice and personal recommendations from us, my husband Yeison who is Costa Rican and me, Samantha who is from the US.
Together we have been traveling Costa Rica for over 10 years and these articles were written from both our points of views so that you, as a first time visitor to Costa Rica, will have a safe and stress free trip and also travel a bit like a local. Our motto is to plan ahead to travel smart and we hope these posts help you do just that! So let’s get into it.
- For the latest travel information and statistics of coronavirus in Costa Rica.
- What you need to know about visiting Costa Rica during COVID-19
- 2021 short travel guide with important tourist information
- When to start booking hotels, flights, tours, etc.
- 17 of what we think are the most important things that visitors need to know about Costa Rica before they visit related to travel, clearing up common misconceptions and rumors.
- Interesting facts about Costa Rica to know before visiting. Let’s all be responsible travelers and do a little research about the country you are visiting.
- Avoid these big travel mistakes that cost money and/or time. Let’s travel smart!
- Things to know about culture, traditions, etc. before visiting. So you aren’t *that* tourist!
- 27 of the most asked questions we received from readers.
- Practical things to know to have a safe trip: allergies, Spanish, driving, staying connected and more.
- All the ways to get around Costa Rica so you can decide which way is best for your itinerary
- There are more than just hotels in Costa Rica! Find out which accommodation option is best for your trip
- How much are hotels? Tours? Food? Find out in this post to see how much your vacation will be, especially if you are traveling on a budget.
- 10 of the best places for first timers to visit in Costa Rica
- Description of each month in Costa Rica, weather, prices and our personal favorite times to visit Costa Rica
- Find out which international airport in Costa Rica you should fly into.
For more articles about Costa Rica, sign up to our mailing list. You’ll get our latest articles, discounts, deals and news straight to your inbox!